You’re a human, not a tractor.
Left Field in partnership with Seattle Services are seeking a full time (salaried) Foreperson & Scheduler for solid year-round work, to support the continued growth of Seattle Services in Merseylea (Railton). The successful candidate will be supported by the new management structure, as this family-owned, state-wide irrigation business move towards a solid future of growth and change.
About the Role:
The Foreperson and Scheduler will be responsible for the installation of equipment onsite (at the customer’s location) and includes liaising with customers and subcontractors in relation to the installation of equipment. The role will also include overseeing the operations workforce on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, along with occasional deliveries and collection of product and materials using company transport.
- Understanding, abiding, and supporting team members to comply by the Health and Safety policy and participate in best practice principles.
- Ensure all hazards, injuries and accidents are reported through the designated process.
- Providing clear direction, leadership, mentorship, and support to the operations team.
- Assist in driving the company culture.
- Assist in the management of project budget and cost budgets.
- Manage all compliance to software engineering processes across the company.
- Maintain and assist in the management of the ERP System – Jim2.
- Support cost reduction programs and provide advice to other team members to allow effective and right first‐time installation of pivot projects and other engineering services of the company.
- Abide by all the business’s procedures, processes, and controls, ensuring they are in place for the designated site, are effectively communicated and are followed by relevant site stakeholders.
- Liaise with Managers and other staff to assist with timely information that guides work priorities.
- Drive new feature prioritisation, development, and delivery.
- Work with the product leaders on developing appropriate processes and team culture.
- Act as the chief coordinator for the work the team engages in.
- Proactively problem solve and faults, customer requirements, pivot, pump/pipeline projects to allow delivery and installation of equipment right first time.
ABOUT SEATTLE SERVICES:
Established in 1978, Seattle Services is a Tasmanian family-owned state-wide irrigation, pumps, pipelines and after sales servicing business. Specialising in broad acre irrigation systems. We have our own inhouse design, survey, procurement, and manufacturing to service all farming irrigation operations.
Seattle Services are able to tailor the right irrigation system to suite your farming requirements. We have been a Reinke USA distributor since 2002 and are one of Reinke’s most experienced and trusted Australian dealers.
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations of quality, service, and innovation.
This work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- Full time (salaried) position including company vehicle + Super (Manufacturing Award 2020), depending on skills and experience.
- Work hours will generally be from Monday – Friday, with occasional additional hours as required from time to time, as a senior employee.
- We work with your strengths and preferences - your happiness at work is our priority.
WHY LEFT FIELD?
Left Field is well known for its positive, motivated, and reliable culture - we’re looking for people who would appreciate being surrounded in this environment and fit right in with our crews – if this sounds like you, we can provide you with an amazing work experience in return.
- Weekly pay so you can plan your finances.
- Ongoing, permanent, full time work an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
- Long Service Leave entitlements so you can be rewarded for your long-term commitment.
- Workplace protections so you feel looked after (you're not just a human tractor to us!).
- Safe work systems and culture.
- Positive and inclusive working environment.
- Sedex and StaffSure certification and protection for you.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant qualifications for, mechanical engineering and electrical installations.
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in welder/boil making.
- Engineering and irrigation systems experience.
- Motor vehicle, (manual) driver’s licence, and forklift licence (HC licence would be beneficial).
- Strong IT skills.
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, positive mindset, and excellent attention to detail.
Skills, Knowledge & Specialist Expertise:
- Strong problem‐solving, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Irrigation industry experience and skills a strong advantage.
- Well‐developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to multi‐task in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to contribute to business system improvement.