You’re a human, not a tractor.
for the work you do.
Left Field in partnership with Seattle Services are seeking a full time Storeperson for solid year-round work, to support the continued growth of Seattle Services in Merseylea (Railton).
The successful candidate will be supported by the new management structure, as this family-owned, state-wide irrigation business move towards a solid future of growth and change.
About the Role:
Your role as Storeperson would be to assist with the day to day running of the stores and logistics, ensuring that data related to the stores are accurate, and that the stores IT system (Jim2) is maintained. The role would also see occasional deliveries and collection of product and materials using company transport.
- Receiving parts, equipment, components and materials from customers and suppliers.
- Kitting and issuing parts, components and materials to the stores as specified by the job card in a timely manner to meet manufacturing schedules, picking lists, and operational workflow.
- Goods inwards documentation checking, goods checking and acceptance of all deliveries to stock.
- Ensure all received stock is undamaged and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
- Ensuring all parts, componentry and materials are returned, recorded and placed correctly in the stores when operations are complete, or items have been returned from jobs.
- Ensuring procurement and management are informed of low stock and other shortages which may require re‐ordering.
- Ensure all products are suitably packaged and that delivery service used is adequate in meeting customer requirements.
- Maintaining a safe working environment within the stores area and all current health and safety legislation is observed, including basic house‐keeping.
- Delivery and collection of product and materials as required.
- Performing any other duties that may be deemed necessary to ensure the effective running of the company.
ABOUT SEATTLE SERVICES:
Established in 1978, Seattle Services is a Tasmanian family-owned state-wide irrigation, pumps, pipelines and after sales servicing business. Specialising in broad acre irrigation systems. We have our own inhouse design, survey, procurement and manufacturing to service all farming irrigation operations.
Seattle Services are able to tailor the right irrigation system to suite your farming requirements. We have been a Reinke USA distributor since 2002 and are one of Reinke’s most experienced and trusted Australian dealers.
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations of quality, service, and innovation.
This work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough. This is a casual position - whilst there are no guarantee of hours, we work hard towards shifts being regular and consistent. Ongoing, full-time work will be an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- Above Award Rates ($2-$5 p/h above award) + Super (Manufacturing Award 2020) depending on skills and experience.
- Work hours will generally be from Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend work during the irrigation season.
- We work with your strengths and preferences - your happiness at work is our priority.
WHY LEFT FIELD?
Left Field is well known for its positive, motivated, and reliable culture - we’re looking for people who would appreciate being surrounded in this environment and fit right in with our crews – if this sounds like you, we can provide you with an amazing work experience in return.
- Weekly pay so you can plan your finances.
- Ongoing, permanent, full time work an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
- Long Service Leave entitlements so you can be rewarded for your long-term commitment.
- Workplace protections so you feel looked after (you're not just a human tractor to us!).
- Safe work systems and culture.
- Positive and inclusive working environment.
- Sedex and StaffSure certification and protection for you.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Relevant qualifications for mechanical engineering and electrical installations.
- Previous experience in inventory management preferred.
- Irrigation industry and systems experience and skills preferred.
- Motor vehicle and forklift licence (HC licence would be beneficial).
- Strong IT skills.
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, positive mindset and excellent attention to detail.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong problem‐solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Well‐developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to multi‐task in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to contribute to business system improvement.