You’re a human, not a tractor.
Left Field in partnership with Seattle Services are seeking a full time Trade Assistant /Labourer for solid year-round work, to support the continued growth of Seattle Services in Merseylea (Railton).
The successful candidate will be supported by the new management structure, as this family-owned, state-wide irrigation business move towards a solid future of growth and change.
About the Role:
- Provide assistance in the installation, servicing and repairs of pivot irrigation systems to the company’s specifications - this includes assistance in pumps and pipelines that relate to irrigation systems.
- Assist with general workshop operations.
- Assist with the installation, servicing and repairs of pivot irrigation systems in accordance with the company’s and manufacturers’ specifications and appropriate industry standards.
- Undertake general labouring duties as required.
ABOUT SEATTLE SERVICES:
Established in 1978, Seattle Services is a Tasmanian family-owned state-wide irrigation, pumps, pipelines and after sales servicing business. Specialising in broad acre irrigation systems. We have our own inhouse design, survey, procurement and manufacturing to service all farming irrigation operations.
Seattle Services are able to tailor the right irrigation system to suite your farming requirements. We have been a Reinke USA distributor since 2002 and are one of Reinke’s most experienced and trusted Australian dealers.
Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations of quality, service, and innovation.
This work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough. This is a casual position - whilst there are no guarantee of hours, we work hard towards shifts being regular and consistent. Ongoing, full-time work will be an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- Above Award Rates ($2-$5 p/h above award) + Super (Manufacturing Award 2020).
- Work hours will generally be from Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend work during the irrigation season.
- Overtime available for the right candidate, if desired.
- We work with your strengths and preferences - your happiness at work is our priority.
WHY LEFT FIELD?
Left Field is well known for its positive, motivated, and reliable culture - we’re looking for people who would appreciate being surrounded in this environment and fit right in with our crews – if this sounds like you, we can provide you with an amazing work experience in return, no matter your experience, if you are local, or travelling abroad.
- Weekly pay so you can plan your finances.
- Ongoing, permanent, full time work an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
- Long Service Leave entitlements so you can be rewarded for your long-term commitment.
- Workplace protections so you feel looked after (you're not just a human tractor to us!).
- Safe work systems and culture.
- Positive and inclusive working environment.
- Sedex and StaffSure certification and protection for you.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Motor vehicle, forklift licence (HC licence would be beneficial).
- Strong IT skills.
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, positive mindset, and excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a trade assistant.
- Previous irrigation experience and skills in irrigation systems an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of safe working practices and procedures in a workshop and farming environment.
Skills, knowledge and specialist expertise:
- Strong problem‐solving skills.
- Well‐developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to business system improvements.
- Appropriately allocates time, prioritises, and remains focused on important tasks.
- Analytical / Strong problem solver with the ability to communicate outcomes and guide outcomes.