You’re a human, not a tractor.
Left Field in partnership with Seattle Services are seeking a Full Time Irrigation Field Service Operator, to support the continued growth of Seattle Services in Merseylea (Railton). The successful candidate will be supported by the new management structure, as this family-owned, state-wide irrigation business move towards a solid future of growth and change.
This is a full-time position with remuneration commensurate to the relevant technical skills and experience.
This position is suited to someone:
- Currently in the irrigation industry looking to advance their career.
- From a trades background looking for a change (mechanical, electrical, building, metal, etc).
- Excited to move and grow with the company.
About the Role:
- Installation, servicing, and repairs of pivot irrigation systems to the farm’s specifications - this includes assistance in pumps and pipelines that relate to irrigation systems.
- Assist with general workshop operations.
- Building and servicing of Reinke irrigators.
- Servicing centre pivot and lateral move irrigators – all irrigator brands.
- Hard hose and soft hose irrigator maintenance.
- Poly welding on a range of pipeline sizes.
- Workshop manufacturing and assembly.
- Maintenance of existing irrigation, pumping and water systems.
- Working away from home and travel state-wide as required.
- Undertake general labouring duties as required.
ABOUT SEATTLE SERVICES:
For over 40 years, Seattle Services have supplied irrigation, pumps, pipelines and after sales servicing, fulfilling its mission to exceed their customers’ expectations of quality, service, and innovation.
Operating state-wide, Seattle Services are one of the most reputable, experienced and trusted Reinke irrigation system dealers in Australia, offering tailored irrigation systems to suit each individual farm. Specialising in broad acre irrigation systems, Seattle Services have their own inhouse design, survey, procurement, and manufacturing to service all farming irrigation operations.
WHY LEFT FIELD?
Left Field is well known for its positive, motivated, and reliable culture - we’re looking for people who would appreciate being surrounded in this environment and fit right in with our crews – if this sounds like you, we can provide you with an amazing work experience in return.
- Weekly pay so you can plan your finances.
- Workplace protections so you feel looked after (you're not just a human tractor to us!).
- Safe work systems and culture.
- Positive and inclusive working environment.
- Sedex and StaffSure certification and protection for you.
This work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Belle Binder, Managing Director on 0401 654 000, or email email@example.com. When submitting an application, please include a cover letter and resume. Applications close on Wednesday, 9th of November, 2022.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
- Above Award Rates ($2-$5 p/h above award) for the right candidate + Super (Manufacturing Award 2020), + the participation of a companywide bonus structure.
- Strong inclusive team environment.
- Working with new Management and Leadership team.
- Growing business and industry with a varied customer base (new and existing).
- Ongoing certified training.
- Family-owned Tasmanian business.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualifications/licences in poly welding, forklift, motor vehicle, excavator, tele handler, heavy machinery, heavy combination, first aid and white card all an advantage.
- Strong IT skills.
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, continuous learning mindset, and excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Previous irrigation experience and skills in irrigation systems an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of safe working practices and procedures in a workshop and farming environment.
Skills, knowledge and specialist expertise:
- Strong problem‐solving skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Well‐developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to business system improvements.
- Appropriately allocates time, prioritises, and remains focused on important tasks.
- Analytical / Strong problem solver with the ability to communicate outcomes and guide outcomes.