You’re a human, not a tractor.
Left Field in conjunction with New Life Industries farm are seeking a crew of solid year-round Plant Whisperers to support the continued growth of this locally, family owned and run farming business in Lillico, Tasmania.
This position would be best suited to those living in the Devonport and close surrounds and would include:
- Support (under supervision) with plant and crop care.
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy crop.
- Harvest of capsicums, tomatoes and cucumbers during their seasons.
- Farm maintenance including tunnels, ground and planting preparation.
WHY LEFT FIELD?
- Weekly pay so you can plan your finances.
- Ongoing work is an option for those who show they are committed and reliable and happy to train and work with different farm harvests.
- Long Service Leave entitlements so you can be rewarded for your long term commitment.
- Workplace protections so you feel looked after (you're not just a human tractor to us!).
- Safe work systems and culture.
- Positive and inclusive working environment.
- Sedex & StaffSure certification and protection for you.
- Large variety of farm and harvest options across the NW Coast to top up hours if desired.
- Witness breath-taking sunrises.
- Surround yourself with magnificent landforms and landscapes.
- Farm from some of the most productive soils in the world.
Left Field is well known for its positive, motivated and reliable culture - we’re looking for people who would appreciate being surrounded in this environment and fit right in with our crews – if this sounds like you, we can provide you with an amazing work experience in return, no matter your farming experience, if you are local, or travelling abroad.
Farm work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough. This is a casual position - whilst there are no guarantee of hours, we work hard towards shifts being regular and consistent, and provide options to work across various farms to top up hours if desired. Ongoing work is an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.
Include (but not limited to):
- Hourly rate of $26.73 - $27.46 p/h + Super (Horticulture Award 2020).
- 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) so you can relax and enjoy your weekends.
- We work with your strengths and preferences - your happiness at work is our priority.
- Must have a current driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Must be available 7 days a week on a rotating roster (but not necessarily working every day).
- Experience is a bonus, but not necessary - we are happy to train you!
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, positive mindset and excellent attention to detail.
Are you missing out on Tasmania?
Tasmania offers exclusivity as well as an exquisite experience, incomparable to all the other states in Australia: https://leftfield.net.au/are-you-missing-out-on-tasmania/
If you're travelling to Tasmania soon or thinking about it, we have more farm work coming up over the next few months to tick off your 88 Visa days.
During summer and Autumn, farm work will be flourishing across the North West Coast of Tasmania, with lots of gems to explore close by on your days off, such as the famous Cradle Mountain National Park!
Not sure where to start? Here are our Top Tips for Work, Transport & Accommodation – North West Tasmania: