You’re a human, not a tractor.
Our farms are based along the North West Coast of Tasmania, from Smithton to Deloraine and everywhere in between - simply pick an area that suits you and we'll get you started!
So, if you’re looking to give an agricultural job a go, we’d love to offer you a great experience in return!
FARM/HARVEST OPTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Cauliflower Harvest
- Onion Grading (Factory and Intake)
- Broccoli Harvest
- Sprout Harvest
- Harvest Planting (cauliflower, broccoli, etc)
- Onion Harvest
- Olive Harvest
- Carrot Grading (Factory and Intake)
- Swede Harvest
- Weeding/Picking up of rocks from the field prior to planting
- Berry Cane Packing
- Broccolini Harvest (Paddock) & Packing (Factory)
- Apple Picking
- Potato Harvest
- Forestry Tree Planting
- Pumpkin Harvest
- General Farm Work and Maintenance Work
WHY LEFT FIELD?
- Safe and positive working environment
- Sedex & StaffSure certification and protection for you
- Work with a great team of people
- Ongoing work past the season for those who are committed and reliable
- Witness breath-taking sunrises
- Surround yourself with magnificent landforms and landscapes
- Farm from some of the most productive soils in the world
- Hourly rates of $26.73 p/h + Super (L1 Horticulture Award 2020)
- Weekly pay
- Long Service Leave entitlements
- Workplace protections
- Safe work systems and culture
- Ongoing work
- Large variety of farm and harvest options across the NW Coast
- Must have a current driver’s licence and own reliable transport
- Must be available 7 days a week on a rotating roster (but not necessarily working every day)
- Must have a can-do attitude, energetic, positive mindset and excellent attention to detail.
Harvest work can be physical and in weather of all sorts - this means our workers must be physically fit and mentally tough. This is a casual position - whilst there are no guarantee of hours, we work hard towards shifts being regular and consistent, and provide options to work across various farms to top up hours if desired. Ongoing work is an option for those who show they are committed and reliable.
Worried about being paid fairly?
Working with the Lefty Crew means everyone, local or not, receive the same benefits and entitlements, superannuation, overtime, and penalty rate bonuses.